We are living in a world today where almost everything is done on the internet and if you are running an online business, you definitely want to ensure that you are staying on top of your online business, ensuring that things doesn’t turn out to be chaotic.
So in this article, I’ll be sharing with you 6 proven strategies to stay on top of your online business and these are:
- Create or use a system for keeping track of your tasks.
For example, I use Asana to manage my personal tasks and tasks for my clients. That way I can easily keep track of what is being done and what is not yet completed.
Asana may be accessed straight from a web browser or through a smartphone app. It’s completely free, and all you need is an internet connection. Asana is amazing not because of its extensive features, but because of simple it is. At first appearance, you may assume this is another application with a high learning curve, but if you set aside just a few minutes to play around with it, you’ll be surprised at how simple it is to pick up.
Asana appears to be a more refined and beautiful alternative to a notepad. It’s quick, intuitive, and simple to use. The program is quick to respond and receive input, and it saves automatically.
In general, the application is divided into three shells:
Workspaces: A workspace is a place where you may group different sorts of tasks together. For example, in a firm, you may have sales or marketing workspaces that house tasks relevant to all sales and marketing initiatives. Alternatively, you may have Travel or Hobby workspaces in your personal life that contain those relevant tasks.
Projects: All of your tasks are listed, categorized, labeled, and prioritized under the Projects section.
Tasks: Tasks contain details about a task, such as due dates, tagging, responsibility assignment, notes, comments, sub-tasks, and so on.
Here are three compelling reasons to use Asana in your business:
- Enhance overall management. Asana makes it simple to manage many projects, tasks, and subtasks. You probably delegate assignments or projects to your team via email right now, which might cause a lot of problems. These difficulties might include an incoherent record of task communications, trouble tracking a task’s progress, and difficulty moving numerous projects forward at the same time. Comments are consolidated and stored on a task’s page in Asana, along with other meta data like when the task was created, when it was assigned, who is handling the task, when the job is due, and other details.
- Increase the effectiveness of your work. On Asana, prioritizing and organizing projects is a breeze. As previously stated, you may quickly prioritize jobs by rearranging them on the list, modifying their due dates, and changing the task type (i.e. Today, Upcoming, Later). In terms of organization, you may organize tasks into projects and tag them with keywords. These capabilities enable you to see your project portfolio and make modifications to objectives as the environment changes or new information becomes available.
- Collaboration should be increased. Asana is a fantastic tool for facilitating cooperation. When you sign up for Asana, you’ll be able to invite others to join your Workspaces (which holds relevant projects and tasks). All projects and tasks in a Workspace are visible to its members. More beneficial for collaboration is the ability to assign individuals to follow a task or allow people to actively follow a task, allowing them to stay up to date on the task’s progress. Furthermore, with only a few keystrokes, members may propose ideas, express issues, and give new viewpoints on this open-source platform.
To organize projects and tasks, Asana is a considerable improvement over using Excel or emails. However, if you want a high level of customisation or specialized functionality, you should look into alternative choices. The smartphone app should also be improved, since I found it to be restrictive while modifying some assignments. Regardless, Asana is a free software that has all of the basic features for task management, so it’s worth a look.
- 9 Mistakes To Avoid When Starting Your Online Business
- 9 Tools To Market Your Online Business Without Breaking The Bank
- 12 Reasons You Are Not As Successful As You Want To Be
2. Use time-tracking software to keep an accurate amount of howlong you spend on each tasks.
Whenever I am working on tasks for myself anf for my customers, I always like to track my time to see how long I am spending on each task and to see how productive I am. In order to do this, I use Toggl Track.
Toggl is a time management tool that tracks all of your daily activities and generates reports on your work and projects. You are able to access the application via desktop programs (Windows, Mac, Linux), browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox), and mobile apps (Android, iOS).
Toggl makes it simple to keep track of your time. You may use a one-click start/stop online timer, mobile app, or desktop timer to do this. You can simply move between jobs or projects with the latter. You may also use the Pomodoro Timer to help you stay focused. The software will give you tiny pop-ups when it’s time to take a break.
You may also add tags, the name of the customer, and a task to your project. Idle detection also reminds you to keep track of your time. If you forget to set your timer, you may quickly add time entries to your reports manually.
The timer tracker works in a similar way on mobile apps. It’s a stripped-down version of the desktop software that includes all of the essential features, such as a timer, reports, a calendar, and basic settings.
Entries in Time
Your time is stored in a data item called a time entry. Each time entry provides details such as the start and stop times, length, and the app that was used to keep track of the time. A time entry can additionally include information such as a description, project, and tags.
Toggl turns all monitored statistics into reports that you may access from any device or platform – the data is synchronized across all devices and platforms.
These are just some of the features of toggl. You can click here to read more on additional features of toggl track.
3. Set up email reminders so that you don’t forget about important deadlines.
In the online working world, sometimes you can get lost in tasksand you may even forget one or two deadlines. Deadlines are very important for a business to ensure that all tasks are being dome especially the ones of high importance. So when you create email reminders they will help you to keep on track and stay on top of your online business.
4. Organize your computer or laptop for easy navigation between tasks.
Make sure your computer is set up in such a way that it’s easy to switch between different tasks and open any apps or programs you need as quick as possible- pin importants apps to taskbar and add shortcut to desktop, declutter desktop, creat relevant folders.
Sometimes, I would go through my laptop and delete all unwanted falls and some I would back up to my google drive for future use. Additionally, instead of having all my files all over my desktop and scatter in the laptop’s document folder, I would create various folders and sort all my files. This way I can easily find the things I need.
It really helps and I highly recommend you try and do the same 🙂
5. Maximize the use of keyboard shortcuts.
Learn how to use keyboard shortcuts, which will help you save time by not having to click through menus with the mouse everytime. Below are some of which you can try to get used to:
Ctrl+C= copy highlighted text or selected item
Ctrl+A= select all
Ctrl+Z= undo any changes
Ctrl+Y= redo the changes
Ctrl+Tab= navigate between tabs
Ctrl+Esc= open start menu
Windows Key+L= lock your computer/laptop
Windows Key+I= opens settings
Ctrl+Shift+Esc= open the Task Manager
Windows Key+Ctrl+D: add a new virtual desktop
Win+Ctrl+F4 = close whichever virtual desktop you are viewing
6. PUT AWAY ALL DISTRACTIONS !!!
This is a must if you really want to stay on top of your online business. The onus is on you that you turn off notifications from social media sites, close other windows on your screen, etc., so that there are no temptations when it’s time for work.
I can admit that working online can be very distracting at times and we tend to get carried away from what we should be doing.
Follow these 6 strategies I just advise you on if you want to stay on top of your online business and you will certainly see a huge difference with you working online.