So you may have been one of those persons that have thought about having your own space on the web especially through starting a blog, but then you’re not entirely sure about how you can do so. With all the contents and innovation today, it’s simpler than you might suspect! I am going to walk you through 7 simple steps you can follow to start your blog.
- Choosing A Niche For Your Blog
Your niche is the subject matter that surrounds your blog. If you believe your topic is intriguing then why not go and create a blog about it – but what do different people believe? You need to choose the topic and a point that can appeal strongly to the greatest number of people, and for this, you’ll want to let some things in mind.
- What are the significant demographics?
- What’s significant to them?
- What sort of sound would you have?
Not just this, you’ll also want to consider what sort of competitor is out there; what angle will you take to distinguish yourself from the competitors?
All of these things you would think about but at the same time, it is crucial to choose a message that appeals to you also and something you are most passionate about Aspire for prosperity, happiness, safety, and acceptance.
By choosing your topic of interest and giving your viewpoint you’ll be able to move and distinguish your blog from other blogs out there. In contrast, it’s also crucial to determine the size of this place. Even if you think you have a brilliant blog idea, it could be difficult to win unless the niche industry attracts decent people. You don’t want the place to be too little or too large.
Once you have successfully identified your niche that you are interested in then you can easily go and start thinking about a name to call your blog. The name of your blog should be appealing to your readers, something to pull them in wanting to read more.
List of Blog Niche
1. Personal finance niches: reducing your debt, paying down student loans, reducing expenses, investing, or cryptocurrencies.
2. Health and wellness niches: weight loss, healthy eating, mental health, and mindfulness.
3. Parenting niches: the various stages of children, the lives of moms and dads, or different parenting methods.
4. Travel niches: city guides, travel tips, minimalist travelling.
5. Food blog niches: baking for kids, exotic cuisines, food travel.
6. Entertainment niches: funny pet videos, tv review sites.
7. Relationship niches: blended families, weddings & marriage, life after divorce
8. Education & career niches: career coaching, self employment, starting a side hustle
9. Technology niches: building mobile application
10. Green blog niches: eco-friendly homes, urban commuting
11. Gaming blog niches: video game tutorials, strategy games help
2. Choosing Your Blog Platform:
Now that you are clear on the subject matter for your blog and you have created a name, it is now time for you to choose the best blogging platform to do so. There are countless blogging platforms available to create and design your blog. Some of these are:
- Blogger: Blogger by Google is an effortless blogging platform. It is easier to use compared to WordPress and is definitely the good aid for those people new to blogging. Once, you have a Google account you will be able to access same for free. Another benefit of Blogger is the fact that even if this communication to the journal spikes up, you don’t get to worry about these hosts crashing and you missing important audience because of that. You can update and made changes to your blog via computer or straight from your smartphone. From personal experiences, Blogger is way cool.
- WordPress: WordPress is the world’s most famous instrument for making sites. WordPress is fit for making any style of site, from a straightforward blog to a full-included business site. You can even utilize WordPress to make an online store. Here’s the best part: WordPress is free. It’s both allowed to utilize and allowed to change. Thus, if you are the kind of individual who likes to tinker with code, you can dive in and make WordPress do pretty much anything you need it to do.
- Wix: Wix has a free edition that allow you to create a good-looking site on the Wix branded domain. With the free program, you can apply nearly all practical characteristics of Wix website builder. You have access to hundreds of templates and you can incorporate your blog into the website via the app.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is ideal for creating professional websites. It has the best quality designs and features on the market, and while it can take a little getting used to, the final results are worth your patience. offers built-in tools that support bloggers, small business owners, and creatives. You don’t need any coding skills to use Squarespace, but a little technical confidence will help a lot.
3. Choosing Your Domain Name & Web Hosting:
When choosing your domian name, ensure it is applicable to your niche . You may have heard in the past that you should get once that matched your domain name. However, they truly aren’t as beneficial as they used to be so I wouldn’t stress over it that much. It’s significantly more imperative to discover one that portrays the overall subject of your blog. In addition to that, I would highly recommend that you choose a .com domain because of it’s popular, easier to brand and promote and you also stand a better chance of growing your business.
You also need to choose a web hosting for your blog even though you can use free hostings from the platforms like Blogger or WordPress. But those don’t carry much flexibilty in manipulating your site.
Think of web hosting as a storage and management service. It ensures that your blog remainins operational. Your web host is liable for guaranteeing that your blog is running at a speed that obliges traffic and is generally working as it should. It ensures that the blog is safe on the internet.
The Web host that I recommend that you use is Blue Host.
1. They provide you with free domian name for 1 year.
2. Their price is very much affordable as you can get a 3 year hosting service for as little as $3.95.
3. Your bandwidth is not limited neither will you experience slow loading on your website.
4. Additionally, they provide you with built-in SEO tools to help you with the ranking of your website on the internet.
4. Connect Your Domain And Hosting:
For many individuals, this is one of the most confounding parts of figuring out start setting up a blog. Your chosen domain can be considered as a placeholder on the worldwide web and it should be directed towards a service that holds all the files of your website or your blogs. After signing up for your web hosting service, you will receive an email advising you on what your name server is. You basically sign in and enter all information in the relevant fields.
5. Choosing Your Blog Theme:
You have chosen your niche and name for your blog and you have chosen the platform on which you will be building your blog. Now it is time for you to start designing your blog. In choosing your theme for your website it is recommended that you choose one that is eye-catching and fits with the topic of your blog.
One of the keys to success is making your blog stand out from others.
Through the platforms (Blogger, WordPress, Wix, Squarespace) mentioned in the previous lesson, you will have various themes to choose from as well as the option to customize how you would want the design to be. You must ensure that whatever theme is selected fits perfectly with the title of your blog as well as the ability to pull readers to your site.
6. Creating Your Important Pages:
Now that you are almost through and you are coming close to having your blog ready, there are few pages that every blogger must have on their website. Readers want to ensure that they are reading something that is legit and has credibility. These pages are:
Terms & Conditions: This is a page on a site that sets out the rights and duties of anybody utilizing the site. It viably frames an agreement between the site and the client. Terms and conditions regularly incorporate a clarification or meaning of key terms utilized in the terms, and layouts the lawful impediments of duty of the site proprietor for any harms or hurt acquired during utilization of the site. It will incorporate what move might be made against a client who breaks the terms and may likewise detail the scholarly privileges of the site proprietor.
About Us: This page tells your readers who the author of the website is and what the website or blog is about. In other words, it answers the “who”, “why”, “what”, “when” and “how” questions about your site.
Contact Us: This page provides its readers with all the various ways in which can make contact to the author of the site.
7. Time To Start Posting:
You have thought about your topic and you have created the title for your blog. You have also chosen your blogging platform, your domain name and your web hosting service and you have designed your site for your blog. Now it is time to start making your post.
Think about what you want to write. Ensure that what you are writing about will solve a problem that your readers would want to fix. This way you will have people coming back to read more of your posts.
However, always remember consistency is key to attract more readers. So post, post, post! Share your blog with your friends and family as well as to social media platforms.
Whatever you do, just have fun with it. You will go a far way. Believe in yourself and you will win big.
Many have done it and you can too 🙂 🙂
The Ultimate Blogging Basics For Beginners
Are you thinking about starting a blog today but feel like there is a whole lot to do and don’t know where to start? Then get this blogging basics ebook specially designed for you to assist you with making the first step towards the blogging journey. Also get a free copy of my “Roadmap To Starting a Blog” with your purchase.
Get a free copy with your purchase of “The Ultimate Blogging Basics For Beginners”.